Stage Curtain Restoration
Stage Curtain Cleaning, Repairs, Flame Retardant Treatments And More
Restore your stage curtain, draperies, acoustical curtains and curtain room dividers for a fraction of the replacement cost. Our Total Care Process will add years of great looking appearance to the life of your drapery and curtains. If your theatrical curtains, school curtains, church curtains need a clean “nearly new” look, call LuXout 1-800-817-1204.
The LuXout Total Curtain Care Program includes cleaning, flame retardant treatment and custom repairs. We restore curtains that have been damaged by dirt, dust, water, smoke to nearly new condition in most cases.
The LuXout 10 Step Total Care Process includes:
- 1. Complete curtain inspection noting all issues that need to be resolved that are discussed with you if not previously discussed to determine your best course of restoration
- 2. Pretreating of all stains to ensure removal in the cleaning process
- 3. Cleaning of the curtains. Natural fiber curtains will be dry cleaned under continual filtration to remove embedded soils. Synthetic fibers are washed in mild soap under the same continual filtration.
- 4. Tumble drying to remove surface lint and restore fabric nap
- 5. Custom repair of rips, tears, seam issues, etc. as previously discussed with you.
- 6. Flame Retardant Testing and/or Treatment for natural fiber curtains.
- 7. Replacement of curtain hardware as presented to us including adding s-hooks, ties, grommet replacement, trim chains, etc.
- 8. Curtain final inspection, brushing (brushing the fabric nap top to bottom to ensure proper appearance)
- 9. Preparation of Curtain inspection certificate including flame retardant treatment if applied.
- 10. Careful and proper boxing including LuXout’s special folding method to nearly eliminate curtain fold creases when your curtain is re-hung.
Specialty has one of the largest dry cleaning machines on the east coast to hold even large stage curtains. We have been cleaning and repairing stage curtains for years. Combined with our manufacturing of stage curtains, this gives our customers the one stop CLEAN, REPAIR OR NEW stage curtains resource.
Simply take down the old curtains, box them up and send them to us and we will clean and ship back to you within a week of receiving them for you to re-hang. Cost of a typical cleaning runs about a third the cost of a new stage curtain.
Proper and Professional cleaning of stage curtains can significantly extend the life of the curtains. We recommend curtains be cleaned about every 5 years with regular vacuuming between professional cleanings for the best possible longevity of your curtains.